[Seaside] Pier questions

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:14:27 UTC 2009

Hi Noury

> Hope this is the right place to post a question about Pier.

Sure, that's fine. There is also a dedicated mailing list, see here:
<http://www.piercms.com/contact>.

> I'm currently looking at Pier and I'm wondering:
> -If there is a way to attach tags to blog posts and use tags for selecting a
> subset of posts

When you edit the post there is an input field for tags. Just add the
tags separated by spaces.

There are several widgets that go together with the blog. Go to the
environment of the blog and add the widget "Tags" in the section "Pier
Blog". You can see an example of this widget on my blog
<http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/blog>, along with the "Archive" widget.
Go to the settings to change the preferences of these widgets.

> -In persistency setup, there is a field shared between "history persistency"
> and "image persistency" named: "max history". What does it refer to? In the
> help-popup it is said that this is the max number of commands history. Which
> commands are these? How do I restore them ?

All executed commands are logged in the history, if you enable one of
these persistency strategies. This includes adding, removing, moving,
copying, editing, chaning the settings, ... of a page. The number
given in that settings says how many of these commands are remembered.
They are used to generate RSS feeds of the changes and can also be
used to restore previous states. To see a list of changes go to the
changes view.

Cheers,
Lukas

--