[Seaside] Looking for experiences

Gerhard Obermann obi068 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 18:31:57 UTC 2009

Hi!

We have developed a large Seaside applications  using only GemStone with
more than 100 active Users at the same time.
Using VW as Seaside application server would be possible but then you have
to take care about the replication stuff
with a lot of performance and some other issues e.g. caching behavior, vw
class creation, different configuration management ....
In the moment there are some pitfalls using GemStone (GLASS) but it hardly
depends on you requirements (concurrent users, db size, transactions,..)
Also the licensing should be taken into consideration.

Gerhard