[Seaside] Subclasses part II

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jul 4 02:58:46 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Sirois <watchlala at hotmail.com> writes:

Robert> I got my test thingy working, but not the part of my application I was working on.

Robert> In my application I have

Robert> WAComponent < A < B < C.

Robert> C is calling 'initialize', so therefore I have to also call 'super initialize' all the way up? So each class above C need to have:

Robert> initialize
Robert>     super initialize.

No, if you don't define it, it acts automatically as if you said
"super initialize".

The rule is: if you define instance>>#initialize, you need to
include "super initialize" in the method. Otherwise, just ignore it.