[Seaside] Porting from 2.6 to latest

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 19:41:44 UTC 2009

2009/7/5 Brett Taylor <brett.taylor at healthauditors.com>:
> Hi all,
> I'm in the process of porting an old application from Seaside version
> 2.6 to the latest version of Seaside.  The first stop along the way is
> to 2.7 to move from WAAbstractHtmlBuilder to WACanvas.   I used many
> of the helper methods such as
> WAAbstractHtmlBuilder>>tableRowWithLabel:column: to help with form
> and table creation.   How would you recommend replacing these using
> WACanvas?

You should get the exact same output with:

html tableRow: [
        html tableData class: 'label'; with: anObject.
        html tableData: aBlock ]

you might also want to consider:

html tableRow: [
        html tableHeading: anObject.
        html tableData: aBlock ]

and then adjust your CSS.

You can use rewrite rules [1] to automate the process.

If you have lots of forms you might want to check out Magritte to generate them.

 [1] http://leftshore.wordpress.com/2007/07/06/moving-from-27-to-28/

Cheers
Philippe