[Seaside] jQuery callbacks with Announcements

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Jul 6 17:42:54 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Sirois <watchlala at hotmail.com> writes:

Robert> Am I correct in deducing that when the page is reloaded it creates a
Robert> new instance of "Map" and therefore does not render what was saved in
Robert> the 'content' variable? If so, can I use jQuery to do this with
Robert> announcements? And, how would that look?

In general, you don't want to be creating new children on each render.
The callbacks won't work.

Instead, lazily initialize them as instance vars of the enclosing
component.  And don't forget to announce them in #children!