[Seaside] Running a VW image on a Slicehost server

pshouse shouse.patrick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:04:43 UTC 2009

Try this
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Alan Knight-2 wrote:

> At 11:55 AM 7/11/2009, C. David Shaffer wrote:
>>Maarten MOSTERT wrote:
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am trying to run a stripped and headless VW-seaside image on a
Slicehost.com  Ubuntu 9.04 server.

>>>This image runs fine on a local Ubuntu 9.04 but on the Slicehost server
it continues to give the  "No such file or directory" message on starting it
up.

>>>The situation is the same If I try to deploy on Fedora 10.
>>>
>>>Is there anay explanation for this ? missing libraries or something.
>>>
>>>Best regards,
>>>
>>>@+Maarten,
>>As suggested, this is probably a 32-bit versus 64-bit problem.  You can
use the (alpha?) 64-bit image included with VW7.6 (look in the "preview"
directory).  I have a student hosting a VW app on slicehost and I know he
struggled with this a bit.  I think in the end he deployed his application
as parcels from his development image (on a 32 bit machine), and loads the
parcels into the 64bit image through the -pcl command line option at server
startup.  He hasn't had any problems as far as I know.