[Seaside] jQuery html rendering

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 23:25:07 UTC 2009

clickFunctionNew: html
        ^((html jQuery: '#newArea') html: [:r | r render: ((RPSSSurveyItemComponent new) newInputOn: self inputType; yourself)]).

Could someone please explain to me why this does not work? If I replace the class 'RPSSSurveyItemComponent' with some like a string 'blah', it runs fine. Am I to understand that I cannot render components (the aforementioned class is a WAComponent subclass with the proper 'renderContentOn:' method) like a can do with standard Seaside callbacks?

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.