[Seaside] jQuery html rendering

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:18:49 UTC 2009

Thanks, Julian. I am a bit confused, though.

    html anchor
        onClick: ((html jQuery: '#contentArea') html: [:r | r render: (RPSSCreator new)]);
        with: 'Create a new survey'.

I have been using code like this in a few areas, and it works just fine. The object just needs to persist until it does its job, then I can move along in whatever process.

I can't seem to get some of my components to render in this way... I get: 'MessageNotUnderstood: RPSSSurveyItemComponent>>nil'. As far as I can tell, there is nothing different about it (than the others), and I am not sending any messages to it except #new. WACounter, etc. work fine in its place.

As far as #children goes, I havn't been including everything there because the page is remaining relatively static. 'RPSSSurveyItemComponent' is a WAComponent subclass, but I'm just using it to generate survey components, so for each new survey item I will need a new instance.

Is lazy initializing good enough for creating these objects in advance when it comes to jQuery?

Thanks,
RS