[Seaside] How to start an image with PORT parameter

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:37:15 UTC 2009

El jue, 16-07-2009 a las 20:15 +0200, Davorin Rusevljan escribió:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         Hola Miguel!
>         Can you explain me a bit how works the PORT variable?
>
>         I can't make that the image read the port parameter :(
>

> I am also a bit in a dark here, so any explanation is welcome!
>

> One related question. If I intend to start image with port parameter,
> should I save image with seaside allready running on that port or not?
>

> What happens if saved image is running on different port than one in
> command line?

On image startup, WAKom checks for a port parameter and starts on the
specified port, even if it is different that the one of the last saved
session. In the WAKom startUp method:

startUp
	self name = #WAKom ifTrue: [
		SmalltalkImage current extractParameters
			at: 'PORT' ifPresent: [ :value |
				value isEmptyOrNil
					ifFalse: [ port := value asInteger ] ] ].
	port ifNotNil: [ self startOn: port ]

Miguel Cobá