[Seaside] Seaside 2.9 - how do I access session ivars? WARequestContextNotFound error

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 18:01:07 UTC 2009

Hi -

I am in the initial stages of porting some code to Seaside2.9a3.  The
code works in Seaside 2.8.4. When a user logs in I store their user
info in the session in an instance variable called user.  In Seaside
2.8.4 calling 'self session user userId' would return the user's user
id, after they'd logged in.  With whatever I've done + 2.9a3 calling:

self session user userId

inside a renderContentOn: method throws an error that says
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #userId.  In the debugger
for that error if I try to explore 'self session' I get a
WARequestContextNotFound error.  I do include

webapp preferencesAt: #sessionClass add: AMSession.

in the initialize statement for the application.  I'm willing to
believe that my login function is also a little off because I set the
session ivar 'user' with 'self session user: user'

How do I store and access information in the session in Seaside 2.9?
Is it the same as 2.8.4 and I've just got another error somewhere else
thats just showing up here?  I'd appreciate any suggestions for
remedying my lack of understanding.  Thanks

Paul