[Seaside] MNU after clean install...

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:16:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 4:11 AM, muthu kutti<muthu.kc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Julian Fitzell <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. You'll see this problem if you use WAKom to start your
>> adaptor. Nobody noticed because all we're all using the new control
>> panel instead... :)
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=411
>>
>> This is fixed in Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche-jf.41 if you want to update.
>>

> Updated to Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche-jf.41, and still getting
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: WANullCodec class>>encoderFor:

Mmm... doing the update won't actually set the correct codec value. If
you've already started an adaptor with WAKom it will still be wrong.
You'll have to run one of the doits I suggested in my last email. For
example "WAKom default codec: WANullCodec new".

Also note that WAKom is essentially being deprecated. It's there for
compatibility at the moment (too many tutorials out there that use it)
but it simply starts an instance of WAComancheAdaptor. If you can,
you're better to either start using WAComancheAdaptor directly or use
the Seaside control panel to manage adaptors.

Julian