[Seaside] Re: How to tell web browser not to cache

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Fri Jun 5 15:06:47 UTC 2009

Hi Joachim and Ramon,

Thank you both for this answer and the firebug hint.

>cache-directives are part of the HTTP headers, not part of the visible html. So
>if you wanted to look at these you'd have to use firebug or an http "sniffer"...

>> it seems like pages are being cached by the web browser.

>the sad thing is, the directives in the http headers do not guarantuee that your
>browser doesn't cache. It's just that you tell it you'd like it not to.

Good to know.  My application can of course handle a cached page coming in
out of order (at an unexpected point) but the user may have entered a lot
of data (that can't be safely used at that point) and not be happy at
losing the effort.  Preventing the web browser from caching the page would
protect the user from this problem.

Thanks again, Lou