[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 2.8.4

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:04:22 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 1) This image doesn't have the MC package XMLSupport (XML-Parser
> package).
> > So, if you try to use Import/Export Pier widget, you will have a "key not
> > found" in DataStream>>readInstance  when it tries to do:
> >
> > newClass := Smalltalk at: aSymbol #XMLDocument asSymbol.
> >
> > After installing that package, it worked.
> >
> > I think this sohuld be added to the standard image or something.
>
> I don't think this is a bug in the image. The Import/Export widget
> does not depend on XMLDocument.

Why do you say Import/Export widget doesn't depend on XMLDocument? I am
sorry. I don't understand. In my case, when debugging I noticed that I need
it, not my app model, but the exporter itself.

> You have to ensure yourself that all
> the classes required by the model you are trying to import are present
> in the target image.

Which Model? I guess you mean my app model.

> > 2) In my case, SULibrary was making my app not to render properly. I
> removed
> > it and then it works perfect.
>
> This is strange, because SULibrary works for other applications and
> the default Pier installation. Furhtermore I don't see how SULibrary
> is related to rendering?

I think this is related with css styles and the order in which the library
are added.

Mariano