[Seaside] Problem with zip file and mimetype

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 03:37:06 UTC 2009

Hi folks! I am having a problem with mimeType for zip files. I have a zip
file that I am trying to upload to a Pier component called Gallery. This
component expects a file with mimeType "application/zip".

1) Situation in Ubuntu and firefox:

After debugging I found this problem: My file is called "fotos.zip" and if I
do in a linux console: file -i fotos.zip y get "application/zip".
However, when I uploaded it to seaside, the mimeType is interpreted as
'x-zip-compressed'. When debugging, I saw MAFileModel  then WAFile and then
MultipartChunk. In MultipartChunk  initializeFrom: aDictionary there is this
code:

contentType := header at: 'content-type' ifAbsent: [MIMEDocument
defaultContentType].

In this case, header at: 'content-type' answers me "x-zip-compressed". And
if I see
HttpRequest>>nextChunkHeader   it is also there like "x-zip-compressed".

2) Situation in Windows Vista and firefox:  the same as 1)

3) Situation in Windows Vista and IE:
header at: 'content-type' answers "key not found"  :(

Does someone know what can be happening?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers,

Mariano