[Seaside] Deploying

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:22:48 UTC 2009

2009/6/13 jowen <worden.john at gmail.com>:

> An absolute newbie (and non-programmer) question.
> I have started to play with Squeak then drifted onto Seaside which I like.
> However, what I cant figure out quickly are the complexities of deploying a
> Seaside app.  I see you can deploy to Seaside hosting and I see lots of
> complex Apache setups but I'm still not sure if its feasible to deploy to a
> "normal" hosting site.  I have done a few things in PHP and get them
> running.  Can I send a Squeak/Seaside to my hosting provider and get it
> working.  Sorry if this is a stupid question but as I beginner I just
> haven't seen the simple answer yet.

You'll need a hosting plan that gives you shell access and the ability
to manually install whatever software you need (Squeak in your case).
Then you'll somehow upload the image (e.g. over ssh or ftp) login over
ssh and start Squeak. Unfortunately this means you'll have to chose a
higher priced hosting plan.

Cheers
Philippe