[Seaside] Cryptography-cmm.8 on Seaside 2.8.4 windows

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 07:27:43 UTC 2009

> this sounds odd to me. Mariano—putting aside that Seaside is running on more
> smalltalks than the
> squeak based—what makes you think that Squeak is not longer supported?
> Because that’s what
> your statement is pointing to.
>  I’d appreciate a comment form the developers on this topic.

The Seaside development team mostly works in Pharo. To my knowledge,
the current code base for Seaside 2.8 and 2.9 runs in both Pharo and
Squeak. We don't happen to test Seaside on Squeak ourselves though. If
people want to use it in Squeak they need to step up, regularly run
the tests, provide feedback and fixes, and maybe at a later point
write a compatibility layer.

We promote the use and the portability of Seaside to all Smalltalk
platforms (Pharo, Squeak, GST, VisualWorks, GemStone, Dolphin, ...).
We do everything to make porting as easy as possible, but we do not
maintain ports ourselves. Porting is typically done by volunteering
users or the vendor of the particular platform.

Note that while the latest one-click image is based on Pharo, Seaside
2.8 was developed mostly in Squeak 3.9. The one-click image represents
my personal preference (and what I learned from the need of newbies
during numerous Seaside tutorials I gave) of a integrated Seaside
development environment.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli