[Seaside] Brushes and state

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:51:07 UTC 2009

Hello!,
           I'm implementing an API for rendering Google Maps. I've decided
to implement it as a brush. That's because I'm just generating javascript
code. But now I have a problem: when adding support for callbacks, I need to
hold some state; for example, the map the callback refers to. But I think
brushes are not meant to hold state, that is something left for the
components mechanism, isn't it? So I would like to know what would be the
correct way of implementing it in the framework. Should I implement maps as
components, or should I add state to my brushes; I may hold a state in the
callback block too, but I don't think that's good.

Thanks!

Mariano