[Seaside] [2.8][Async]Session time hangs

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 21:46:20 UTC 2009

I don't know your requirements, but I guess it would take a while to
figure out the Javascript code to detect the response code in all
supported browsers. While when using one of the supported JS
frameworks it is merely a matter of writing a single line in
Smalltalk.

Lukas

On Saturday, June 20, 2009, Carl Gundel  wrote:
> Why wouldn't it be worth the trouble?
>
> -Carl Gundel
> Liberty BASIC for Windows - http://www.libertybasic.com
> Run BASIC, easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>
> On Jun 20, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Lukas Renggli  wrote:
>

> Async is not really configurable to the extent that is possible with
> Scriptaculous or JQuery. Of course you can do the same by adding
> additional JavaScript code, the queation is if that's really worth the
> trouble?
>
> Lukas
>
> On Saturday, June 20, 2009, Boris Popov  wrote:
>

> Scriptaculous callbacks have onExpire which we wired here to do a redirect to home page with a warning, there's got to be something for async as well.
>
> -Boris (via BlackBerry)

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch