[Seaside] [2.8]Back button, new sessions and forcing s and k keys in the initial URL

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Wed Jun 24 22:04:05 UTC 2009

I'm writing an A/B testing framework in Seaside.  All is going very
well except that I've discovered if a visitor to the site being tested
hits the back button all the way back to the initial page then there
is no s key in the URL, so Seaside makes a new session.  This will
cause my visitor click tracking to lose track.  It wouldn't be a big
problem if I were able to get the visitor's IP address, but I can't
because this server will be proxied behind Apache.

So, is there any way I can force the initial page view to have the s
and k keys?

Thanks,

-Carl