[Seaside] [newbie!] syntax errors in framework code while debugging/stepping into (kinda urgent)

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:52:06 UTC 2009

Isolde,

The render and redirect continuations are Continuation-Passing-style
continuations. The render loop (ie. process callbacks, redirect,
render the page, repeat) has been split up into two parts. Each part
is given a key (stored in _k in the URL) and the two types of
continuations call each other back and forth.

At one point, this was done using first-class ("real") continuations
but the loop is so easy to split up by hand, that it was simply
rewritten in continuation passing style to remove the use of
first-class continuations in this case (which makes Seaside more
portable).

I personally found the way the render and redirect continuations were
split quite confusing in 2.8 and you may find them clearer (though
Lukas says he finds them more confusing in 2.9, so maybe not :) ).

Good luck with your presentation.

Julian