[Seaside] How to alternate table row colors without WATableReport

Sorensen sorens at surfy.net
Sat Mar 14 18:22:18 UTC 2009

As I understand, the usual way to alternate the colors in table rows is to
use 'html div class:' and pass in a separate CSS tag for each row color.
Eg:

collection withIndexDo: [:each :index |
    html div class: ('row', (index \\ 2) printString ); with: [
         html anchor
             callback: [self showContact: contact];
             with: (contact firstName , ‘ ‘, contact surname )]]

However, when I try to do this within a table, it does not eeem to work:

html table: [
     collection withIndexDo: [:each :index |
          html tableRow: [
              html div class: ('row' , (index \\ 2) printString); with: [
                   html
                        tableData: each stuff1;
                        tableData: each stuff2]]]]

What appears in rendered page is a bunch of blank lines of alternating
colors, followed by the usual table data (which remains uncolored).

Is there a way to render such a table without using any other specialized
class such as WATableReport or such?

Thanks, Soren