[Seaside] Squeak Oversight Board Blog

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 18:12:40 UTC 2009

On 3/28/09, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> Miguel Coba said:
>  > Why isn't hosted on squeak.org?
>
> Simply because we wanted to get started as quickly as possible and we
>  all have limited time.  It is better in this case to use an existing
>  solution that works, than to spend a lot of time setting up a preferable
>  solution.  That said we are trying to setup a squeak.org hostname for it
>  much like new.squeak.org but wordpress.com currently seems to be having
>  trouble with this feature.

I am usually strong advocate of simple solutions that work, but I
think that if not in short term than at least in mid term you should
consider switching to Pier, or some other Smalltalk based technology.
Eating our own dog food is quite important in promoting Smalltalk, and
ads a lot of credibility to the technilogy. And vice versa not eating
it by someone like "Squeak Oversight Board"- removes it).

rush
http://www.cloud208.com/