[Seaside] [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:26:33 UTC 2009

Hello, we are releasing the first beta version of Meteoroid, a Comet-based
framework that
runs on top of Seaside.

The purpose of the framework is to  create "live" web application in a few
steps, both at
the low level and also using the existing value model concept. To use
Meteoroid, it is
recommended to know how to use MVC[1] and Announcements[2].
Feedback, improvements and bug-reports are most welcome.

Quick explanation:
A Meteoroid page (which is both a View and a Controller) has between its
component a div
with a special ID. This div is bound to a model, which trigger changes by
using an
observer-like mechanism. Each time the model changes, an announcement is
triggered and
data being pushed from the server to the div. We are currently releasing the
first
version of the low-level API and we are working on the connection between
the ValueModel
hierarchy and the standard HTML widgets (text areas, radio buttons, lists,
etc.).

Links:

Web project:
http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid
Download:
      a) One click experience:
http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/06.Wiki/Download
      b) From Cincom Public Repository (load SeasideForSwazoo2.2 and check
the little ninja)
Screencasts:
http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/10.Screencasts
ToDo:
http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/06.Wiki/Future+work

[1] Trygve Reenskaug  - “Models - Views – Controllers”,
http://folk.uio.no/trygver/1979/mvc-2/1979-12-MVC.pdf
[2] Vassili Bykov - "Introducing Announcements",
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/vbykov/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3310034894