[Seaside] Rendering on an external stream

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:03:13 UTC 2009

You can get a string with

string := html class builder render: componentToPrint

Does that help?

It would get more complex if you actually want to stream it. You'd
probably want to make a new WAHtmlStreamDocument and configure it with
"html context document:" (putting the old document back afterwards) or
even create a new rendering context altogether (see
WARenderContinuation>>processRendering: for an example) . My memory of
how this works in 2.8 is a bit fuzzy at the moment; you'd have to play
to get it right.

Julian