[Seaside] rails niceties equivalent

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Fri May 15 13:36:48 UTC 2009

Sergio wrote:
 >the other app that has access is indesign... through a plugin..

Well, it basically means your database is outside your boundary of
trust.

That's a lot of work. I don't think rails is up to that, and neither
are the
smalltalk ORM solutions. I'd be interested to be proven wrong, but I
fear
the performance consequences of handling this correct are too large.
Recovering from all the problems you might encounter takes a lot of
application and test code.

Nothing you read from or write to the database can be trusted,
Everything
should be verified, Your table structure might change while you're
writing
out data, you might not be able to open new connections, the other
application
will overwrite your data.

Stephan