[Seaside] gemstone tutorial..

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Fri May 15 22:40:10 UTC 2009

On May 15, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:

> I had hoped to learn more about Gemstone and how to use it within
> Seaside, since I've never used Gemstone (or anything like it) before.
> That may have been out of the scope of what you were doing with the
> tutorial though.  I'm wading through the Gemstone programming guide
> now so hopefully I'll figure it out soon.

In a sense, if you can port a Seaside application from Squeak to
GemStone and have it run with minimal changes, then the complexity and
sophistication of GemStone has been effectively masked. On the other
hand, there are some things like indexes that are new and  need
explanation. Nothing is really "out of scope," so much as out of time.
I figured I'd make what I have available and see what feedback comes.

What would you like to know about GemStone? What should the next
chapter include?

James Foster