[Seaside] [2.8]anchors, submitFormNamed: and WALinkSubmitTest

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat May 16 07:01:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 12:15 AM, Carl Gundel <carlg at libertybasic.com> wrote:
> For a long time I've been using submitFormNamed: with anchors using Seaside
> 2.6.  This has worked well for me but now that I've switched to Seaside 2.8
> it doesn't work reliably.  I tried this with both IE and Safari and neither
> works.

That should work, but requires that you include WAStandardFiles with
your application. If this is not the problem, then FireBug should be
able to tell you more.

> Am I supposed to do something different with 2.8?  The funny thing is that
> sometimes it works, but other times not.  For example I'll put a breakpoint
> in a callback for one or more widgets on the page.  Then I'll interact with
> some widgets on the page and click on the anchor.  Sometimes the callback
> will get called, but most of the time not.

Is the form id unique? Also the comment of the method says that it
breaks if you introduce custom URL parameters, but I guess you are not
doing that?

> Trying the WALinkSubmitTest by typing a new value into the field works with
> 2.6, but not with 2.8.  Is this a known bug, and is there a fix?

I cannot reproduce the problem in 2.8. WALinkSubmitTest works for me.

Please note, that the Javascript hacks like #submitFormNamed:,
#submitFormNamed:, #setFocus, #setSelectionFrom:to:, ... won't be
supported anymore in upcoming versions of Seaside. Instead use a
supported Javascript library like Scriptaculous.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli