[Seaside] rails niceties equivalents?

James Robertson jrobertson at cincom.com
Mon May 18 13:27:56 UTC 2009

We have deployed Seaside (2.8) for our Support resolutions app:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/ResolutionsApplication/CincomResolutionsPortal

and we've had no scalability issues.  On Smalltalk web apps more
generally, the entire Cincom Smalltalk website is Smalltalk powered,
and the only scaling issues we ever had were due to bad code on my
part - I was able to patch those on the fly with caching solutions.
The same approach ought to work for a Seaside app; if you used a
database back end (using Web Velocity, for instance), you could have
your app cache results, only hitting the database when there were
actual changes to deal with.

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library