[Seaside] Swazoo v. Kom

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:10:32 UTC 2009

2009/5/18 Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>

> 2009/5/18 John Chludzinski <john.chludzinski at gmail.com>:
> > I'm using Seaside to develop a suite of web apps for mobile devices;  I'm
> > also a newbie to Seaside.  Is there a reason to prefer Swazoo v. Kom.
>
> Swazoo is seeing more active development currently and runs on several
> dialects,  Kom runs only on Squeak. Swazoo does not support Comet

Sorry, but Swazoo supports HTTP Streaming, which allows you to implement
Comet. We know this because we had to switch from Opentalk (which does not
support streaming very well) to Swazoo 2.1 (later to 2.2 beta 1) to make our
Comet implementation for Seaside+Swazoo work.

@John Chludzinsk: We don't know how better/worse is Kom rather than Swazoo,
but Comet does work in Swazoo (see Meteoroid :] ). Beside that, are you
using Squeak? VisualWorks? (if it's the last one, you can see how we use it
with Swazoo)

Bye,
Lautaro

> but
> Kom does. Kom receives more testing in combination with Seaside.
>

> Cheers
> Philippe

Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker