[Seaside] Pharo v. Squeak for Seaside development?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:47:52 UTC 2009

Yes, I am using Pharo. Works pretty well for an alpha version.

You might want to check out the Pharo images of Damien (with Seaside
and Pier), see http://www.pharo-project.org/download>. These images
are based on Pharo and come with Seaside, Magritte, Pier, and many
additional development tools pre-loaded. To get Comet simply load the
package from the Seaside repository.

Lukas

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM, stephane ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi john
>
> Lukas is using pharo for most of his developments.
> Now pharo is alpha, we are working on getting beta but still we will have to
> chase bugs.
> Now give a try and check.
> STef
>

> On May 19, 2009, at 5:18 PM, John Chludzinski wrote:
>
>> Looking for the latest Comet *.mcz to install I came across Pharo, a
>> Squeak variant for Seaside development.  The question is should I use
>> Pharo as a starting point for Seaside development and forgo the
>> pursuit of the "latest & greatest" Comet, Scriptaculous, Magritte,
>> etc. or are there maturity/stability issues with Pharo that would
>> argue in favor of Squeak + the necessary installs?
>>
>> ---John

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch