[Seaside] Persistence options for Seaside

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 20 21:43:45 UTC 2009

Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> There is now a page on persistence at:
> http://www.seaside.st/documentation/persistence
>
> I'd like to thank Ramon Leon, James Foster, James Robertson,
> Göran Krampe, Keith Hodges, Chris Muller Adriaan van Os for their
> valuable
> contributions.
>
> Please send me (or to the list)
> - comments
> - other possible solutions
> - other scenario's
> - other questions that are relevant to make a good decision
>  - sample code
> - information on reference implementations
> - links
> - answers to the questions in the doc.
>
> Stephan

I cant see my contribution, you could add:

MySQL-driver

Native driver for connecting to MySql via TCP/IP

Magritte-RDB

Maps magritte described objects to SQL tables, and queries into objects,
currently only supports the MySQL driver, but OpenDBX support is planned.
Magritte provides additional coercions for described data types.
One to one associations are handled being retrieved with a Join.

Example code.

WSPersonalData realizeAll.

WSPersonalData newRecord name: 'bob'; storeOnDB.

{ a. b. c. } storeOnDB.

Keith