[Seaside] Using Comet to push PNG files?

John Chludzinski john.chludzinski at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:13:24 UTC 2009

I'm trying to push PNG files as part of a "presentation app".  I tried
looking at CTCounter and using #update: as an example to follow.  The method
CTCounter>>update: sends the  message SUElement>>update:.  The instance of
WAImageTag in my app that I'm trying to update (with a new PNG file) is
given an id (by senting the message #id:).  Using this id I tried to update
the image:

    self pusher javascript: [ :script |
        script element
            id: 'WWW';
            update: (MMAFileLibrary / self getCurrentPageFile) asString].
"An instance of WAUrl."

This failed.  Tried using SUElement>>replace:

    self pusher javascript: [ :script |
        script element
            id: 'WWW';
            replace: (html image url: MMAFileLibrary / self
getCurrentPageFile)].   "An instance of WAImageTag ."

This resulted in the string 'a WAImageTag' being pushed to other browsers.

Any ideas?

---John