[Seaside] Persistence options for Seaside

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Thu May 21 21:08:39 UTC 2009

Good overview! I have an extra option for persistence:

Cloudfork-AWS

Cloudfork AWS is an open source project that provides easy access from
Smalltalk to the Amazon Web Services. One of these services is SimpleDB, a
powerful and extremely scalable database engine with a simple REST based
API. It is possible to use the API directly but it is also possible to use a
higer level API. Cloudfork-ActiveItem provides an ActiveRecord like
interface to SimpleDB and Cloudfork-SimpleDB-Magritte makes it easy to store
magritte described objects in SimpleDB.

Links:
- http://www.squeaksource.com/Cloudfork.html<http://www.squeaksource.com/Cloudfork.html>
- http://aws.amazon.com/simpledb/
-
http://blog.doit.st/2009/03/29/getting-started-with-simpledb-using-cloudfork/

It would be great if this option is added to the list of possible solutions.

Jan.