[Seaside] Re: Open URL in new window

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri May 22 22:45:26 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> writes:

Paul> I hit send prematurely.  The URL I generate has nothing to do with my
Paul> seaside application.  E.G. The user chooses between Google and Yahoo
Paul> in a select tag element then hits submit.  I then open a new window
Paul> that displays www.google.com or www.yahoo.com and switches their focus
Paul> to that.

I think you're supposed to use CSS for that, but the non-CSS way is:

  html anchor newTarget url: '...'; with: 'anchor text'.

The "newTarget" puts <a href target="_new" ...>...</a>, which all modern
browsers respect as "open in new window".