[Seaside] Persistence for Seaside

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Tue May 26 08:06:47 UTC 2009

Hi!

Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> While browsing for other persistence options, I stumbled over
> http://www.visoracle.com/squeak/faq/persistency_.html
> How much of that still applies?

My guess is that most of it "applies", but I haven't looked it all over.
Btw, thanks for putting that info up at seaside.st - very nice.

I think if you ask specific questions it is easier for us to answer - I
am fairly sure there are other persistence options (more or less
working/incomplete :) ) out there that have not yet been mentioned.

For example, a few loose odds and ends from SqueakMap:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/yates
http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/persistence
http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/minnestore

The following are "parts" that can be used in persistence solutions:

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/kats
http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/staterepl
http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/writebarrier

For example, combining Kats/WriteBarrier (giving image side transactions
and modification discovery respectively) with say TokyoTyrant and some
kind of serialization technique (SmartRefStreams, SRP, JSON whatever)
you could get something interesting. Probably what I intend to play with
further on.

regards, Göran