[Seaside] [seaside-2.9] rendering a component inside a jQuery dialog

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:02:56 UTC 2009

> As a test, we've been trying to display a WACounter inside a jQuery
> dialog but failed so far. The example in the jquery-ui functional test
> only shows simple html rendering and not a component with callbacks.
> Is there some info on writing components that use jQuery?

Normally it should be possible to simply pass a component to #html:.
Unfortunately there was a bug in that code causing this to fail.

I fixed this in JQuery-Core-lr.66. If you don't want to (manually)
update to all the latest Seaside code I suggest that you either stick
with the block like so:

    html: [ :r | r render: aComponent ]

Or that you fix JQAjax>>#html: yourself by removing the first line
that calls #fixCallbackTemps.

Cheers,
Lukas

> thanks in advance.