[Seaside] Seaside on a stand alone server.

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 22:37:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:38 PM, John Toohey <johnptoohey at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you intend to use Glorp with mySQL, then you should take a look at
> SqueakDBX. It provides Glorp support for a number of databases, and it works
> well. More information can be found on their list at
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/squeakdbx and
> http://www.squeakdbx.org/

Thanks John for the marketing ;)

But yes, that's why I asked about which Smalltalk dialect was he using and
that's why I imagined it was VW and not squeak or pharo.

<OT>
Our work with Glorp is in development yet. However, Esteban Lorenzano is
using Glorp + SqueakDBX + MySQL for a customer in a real app. And we have
most of the oracle tests in green. So, I think in a couple of weeks we will
be releasing the first version of GlorpDBX (Glorp + SqueakDBX) supporting
PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle.
</OT>