[Seaside] Problems with seasidehosting

AxiNat tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:47:37 UTC 2009

Hi all, first of all sorry for bringing up an old topic again.

The problem here is that my website was full of contents, which took quite a
while to set up and stuff... I've been trying to serialize the database
objects and import them into a squeak non-closure-supporting image, but it
didn't work out of the box and it's becoming really tiresome to try over and
over.

Do you guys know of another service (I don't mind paying if the fare is
reasonable) that does support pharo images?

If not, I guess I'll have to get a slicehost account and run my own server
there...

Thanks!

Bernat.

2009/11/1 David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>

> On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 01:16:55PM -0300, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM, AxiNat <tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > I get this message in the logfile when I try to start the image
> > >
> > > This interpreter (vers. 6502 cannot read image file (vers. 6504
> > > Hit CR to quit
> > >

> > Are you trying a Pharo image?  That error is tipical when you are tryin
> > run a closure enable (eliot's changes) image in a non-closure support
> > squeakVM.
> >
> > seasidehosting does not support pharo right now, but they said it will
> > support after Pharo1.0 stable is released.
>
> There should be no issue of "waiting for Pharo", it is just a matter of
> using an up-to-date Squeak VM (or call it "Pharo VM" if you prefer), which
> does support images with closures for Squeak trunk as well as for Pharo
> images.
>
> Dave

O HAI I'M IN UR FOOTER SIGNATURING UR MAILZ