[Seaside] trivial seaside test thingie

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Nov 13 17:56:14 UTC 2009

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2009/11/13 Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net>:
>
>> Philippe Marschall wrote:

>>> Do you want the raw POST body or the post fields?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe
>>>

>> The raw body at this point. I'm trying to figure out how to fake an xmlrpc
>> call from squeak and cutting /pasting from netcat apparently isn't working,
>> so I'd like to see how Phara is portraying the raw data.
>>

> So you just need if for debugging/reverse engineering purposes? If so
> I've always made good experiences with tcpdump to dump the data and
> Wireshark to analyze the data.
>
> If you really need it for the implementation then you need to switch
> to Seaside 3.0 and send #rawBody to the request.

Thanks. The problem has been that when I fake the xmlrpc via HTTPSocket
httpPost, I get html escape codes for every '<' and '>' amd the login
server apparently barfs at those.

COme to think of it, given I have netcat working for that, I don't need
to examine the bytes via phara/squeak. I just need to know how to avoid
the escape codes when I post the faux xmlrpc. (asking questions at 2 am
is a surefire way to ask the wrong question).

Lawson