[Seaside] Trying to get CTChat to behave like a normal chat app?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:25:45 UTC 2009

> I've tried adding PTElement>>scroll to the message cascade for "script
> element" to no avail.  I've also tried to see if there's something doable
> using CSS, which does not appear to be the case without some Javascript.
> I assume this isn't trivial since it wasn't done originally?

The examples that come with the different Seaside libraries are not
ment to be full blown applications. They usually exemplify a certain
very limited set of features. The chat application focuses on Comet,
not on animating DOM elements.

To come back to your question: Scrolling to the bottom of an element
is certainly possible with both libraries, Prototype and JQuery. I
don't know by heart, but Google knows many solutions. Just add you
preferred Javascript framework as an additional tag:

http://www.google.com/search?q=scroll+bottom+element+javascript

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli