Antwort: Re: [Seaside] iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

Lorenzo Schiavina lorenzo at
Fri Oct 2 07:41:16 UTC 2009

Hi Dietmer,

I have read of your application; maybe you could be interested into the field in which I am working at present i.e. neuro-fuzzy systems.

I have developped in VSE-ST a framework for creating expert systems that, IMHO can be fit for your application.

Please, tell me if you could be interested to join your efforts with mine.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dietmar Schielke
  To: Seaside - general discussion
  Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 9:22 AM
  Subject: Antwort: Re: [Seaside] iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)

  thanks for you  hints Lukas!
  My application is for a small home automation system (checking the room temperature or switching light off from the couch...). So I need to connect to my server anyway and I think a Web-App  is the right way to go.
  Now I'm looking for an easy way to get the iPhone look and feel with seaside.

  So iSea seems not the way to go. I will have a look jQuery for seaside.

  Thanks again!

  seaside-bounces at schrieb am 01.10.2009 13:12:29:

  > Von:
  > Lukas Renggli <renggli at>
  > An:
  > Seaside - general discussion <seaside at>
  > Datum:
  > 01.10.2009 13:12
  > Re: [Seaside] iSea Problems (Seaside-App for iPhone)
  > Gesendet von:
  > seaside-bounces at
  > > Any body developing iPhone web-apps with seaside?
  > Yes, I did implement some applications.  iSea never worked for me
  > though. Cool for a demo and a quick prototype, but too limiting and
  > slow for a real application.
  > I wrote some complex application using jQuery for Seaside, see the
  > screenshot on slide 69 in this presentation
  > The problem is that the latency of the network is generally too high
  > to get a snappy application, even when it was used on a WiFi network
  > that was directly connected to the server.
  > In the end I learned Objective-C, CocoaTouch and bought an Apple
  > developer license. Manual garbage collection is painful, but the
  > result is perfect.
  > Running Pharo locally on the iPhone would probably solve the network
  > latency issue. I haven't tried that yet though.
  > Lukas
  > --
  > Lukas Renggli
  seaside at