[Seaside] Recurring Server Events

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 4 18:35:04 UTC 2009

I only did a little research on the subject, and am mostly looking for a little direction regarding the following topics.

What I would like to do is set up a recurring event on the server (say, every minute), and announce it as these intervals elapse. There's some style of HTTP request called comet, I think, and it lets the server send information to the clients without their asking for it. I guess another way to do it is by sending a request to the server just to see if an event has occurred (long polling).

Maybe I'm heading down the road, but I haven't any idea how to implement any of this regardless.

Thanks!
RS