[Seaside] Degrading Remove Button

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:45:43 UTC 2009

Try:

onSuccess: (html javascript refresh);

I've used something similar in the past.

RS

From: joel.turnbull at ardishealth.com
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:47:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [Seaside] Degrading Remove Button
To: seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org

This is working great, Lukas, thank you.

One more question. What's the best way to trigger a refresh after the onClick callback?

My best guess is to add a hidden submit button with an empty callback, and activate it via onSuccess: or onComplete:, but I can't figure out how to trigger it because triggerFormElement: ignores submit callbacks. Maybe the hidden submit is not even necessary. Here's where I'm at...

html anchor

     onClick: (html scriptaculous request

        callback: [ self removeItem ];

        confirm: 'Are you sure to remove Foo?';
       onSuccess: ( html scriptaculous request triggerFormElement: 'hiddenSubmit' );

        return: false);

     callback: [ (self confirm: 'Are you sure to remove?') ifTrue: [

self removeItem ] ];

     with: 'remove'

     callback: [ (self confirm: 'Are you sure to remove?') ifTrue: [

self removeItem ] ];

     with: 'remove'

Lukas

2009/10/2 Joel Turnbull <joel.turnbull at ardishealth.com>:

> I have a remove button that I'd like to pop a js confirmation dialog.

> I'd like the button to degrade so that if js is disabled, the user will be

> taken to a separate confirmation page, ala the WAComponent confirm:

> Here's the closest I've gotten

> html submitButton

>   onClick: 'return confirm(''Are you sure you wish to remove', aFoo

> name,'?'')';

>   callback: [ self confirm: 'Are you sure you wish to remove', aFoo name,'?'

> ];

>   with: each value

> The problem with that is, the result of the js confirmation returning true

> is the callback, which is another confirmation.

> It seems like I need a separate callback to handle the result of the js

> confim. Is that doable? Any other ideas?

> I played around with the WAAsyncComponent onClickCallback: but that didn't

> seem to do what I expected.

> Thanks,

> Joel

Lukas Renggli