[Seaside] WASystemConfiguration

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramiro at diaztrepat.name
Mon Oct 5 22:38:17 UTC 2009

Hi Philippe, thanks a lot for replying.A couple of cuestions about your
suggestion. If I understood right, you say:

*First*
Use #resourseUrl: in your #updateRoot: like:

anHtmlRoot stylesheet resourceUrl: 'css/style.css'

This sounds very good because you can change the resource base url either in
a subclass of WASystemConfiguration or directly on the configuration of the
website.
I have just tried this approach just now, and if the "Resource Base Url"
entry field is not empty in the configuration it produces a walkback (MNU
#addToPath:) in method:

WARenderContext>>absoluteUrlForResource:
right in the last line.  Because the url that was written on the
configuration is basically a ByteString (which does not implement
#addToPath:)

I guess this must be a bug in Seaside 3.0

*Second*
In development, serve files statically from the file system with Komanche,
instead of WAFileLibrary I guess.
Do you have a code snippet to make Kom serve files from a certain path
without disrupting Seaside?

Cheers