[Seaside] watir-like web testing in squeak

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:31:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:27 AM, David Mitchell
<david.mitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing as complete as Watir. You could just use Watir to test your seaside
> app.
>
> For simple get/post action in Smalltalk, you could pull Scamper (a Squeak
> browser) and script it. It is fairly easy to understand/port. Bijan Parsia's
> networking chapter in the squeak blue book has a nice intro.
>
> See the parsia_2.pdf at:
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/
>
> I ported it once to VA Smalltalk in the late 90s for some internal website
> testing. Unfortunately, no support CSS/Javascript, etc. and you would want
> those for something modern.

See Selenium Remote Control http://seleniumhq.org/projects/remote-control/
It is very simple to build the server side adapter since it works by
sending HTTP requests to the Remove Control server which drives the
browser for testing. It can test IE, FF, or Safari.

Dave