[Seaside] Call and Answer

Peter Osburg peter.osburg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:04:30 UTC 2009

Hi Robert,

I know this problem very well.
One way could be, to pass a reference of WAComponentA to WAComponentB.

You could probably create an instance variable called
rootComponent

After you initialized WAComponentB, you give it the reference from within
WAComponentA, e.g.:
WAComponentA
  *renderContentOn:html *
       |component|
       component := (WAComponentB new) rootComponent: self.
       html render: component.

And within WAComponentB:
  *answer *>> self rootComponent answer: 'blah'

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Peter

www.peter-osburg.de