[Seaside] Call and Answer

Robert Sirois watchlala at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:25:32 UTC 2009

That worked perfectly, thank you :)

RS

Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:04:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [Seaside] Call and Answer
From: peter.osburg at gmail.com
To: seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org

Hi Robert,

I know this problem very well.
One way could be, to pass a reference of WAComponentA to WAComponentB.

You could probably create an instance variable called
rootComponent

After you initialized WAComponentB, you give it the reference from within WAComponentA, e.g.:

WAComponentA
  renderContentOn:html
       |component|
       component := (WAComponentB new) rootComponent: self.
       html render: component.

And within WAComponentB:
  answer >> self rootComponent answer: 'blah'

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Peter