[Seaside] Seaside Sessions in a Blog Server

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:31:17 UTC 2009

Hmm... personally, if I was doing a blog, I wouldn't use the
RenderLoop at all (or possibly even sessions) until the user logged in
to edit the blog. I might also use it when they posted a comment, but
not sure. Much better to have it RESTful at that point, I think...

If I was going to use sessions and render loop, I'd just keep the
sessions around - it seems like a nightmare to figure out what
callbacks were supposed to be what once the session is gone. You could
add some kind of hidden field to the form so that you knew what kind
of submission it was, and then I guess you could look through the
request to find appropriate fields. Kind of tacky though...

I guess it would be nice to have a mechanism to move sessions out to
disk after a certain period; somebody could probably do that...

You can also use JavaScript to keep the session alive as long as the
user has the page open...

Julian