[Seaside] Re: iCal feed to Drupal

Bob N. bobn at rogers.com
Thu Oct 22 15:19:18 UTC 2009

A (late) follow up: a while ago I posted about problems with an iCal feed
from VW to Drupal.  The request VW was processing contained training hex '0'
values which caused problems with the parser.  The fix was a VW code change
(resolution 97157).  Things are working fine now.

The code change is in VW 7.7 ... our version of the method
HttpBuildHandler>>shouldStartMessageBody: was missing...
      (message isResponse not and: [ message method asSymbol == #GET])
ifTrue: [^false].

The method should be:

HttpBuildHandler>>shouldStartMessageBody:
      | message |
      message := aMessageBody parent.
      message isMimeEntity  ifTrue: [^true].
      (self headerOnly or: [message headerOnly]) ifTrue: [ ^false ].
" In particular, the convention has been established that the GET and
   HEAD methods SHOULD NOT have the significance of taking an action
   other than retrieval."
*      (message isResponse not and: [ message method asSymbol == #GET])
ifTrue: [^false].*
      ^message contentLength
            ifNil: [ message isChunked or: [ message isConnectionTransient ]
]
            ifNotNil: [ :length | length > 0 ]

Thanks to the VW tech support (in this case, James T. Savage).

Bob Nemec
Cherniak Software