[Seaside] Significant differences between Continuation Class & WAContinuation Class?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:29:35 UTC 2009

> it uses the Continuation class.  In the beta Pharo image there is no
> Continuation class.  Does WAContinuation do the same thing or should I
> use something else?

Continuation was renamed at some point to WAContinuation to follow the
Seaside coding conventions. It is the same class and should have the
same behavior.

> The problem I'm experiencing is that if I change Continuation to
> WAContinuation in the method a Url is generated and I can email it to
> myself from Pharo, but when I click the link in the email I am brought
> to a blank page.  I have not used Magritte in my project.  I would
> readily believe that my problem has nothing to do with Continuation vs
> WAContinuation but just that I haven't created anything to be rendered
> at the link generated by  'self session actionUrlForContinuation: cc.'
>  If thats the problem, how would I go about displaying a Component
> when the link is clicked?

This certainly has nothing to do with Magritte. The code below looks
ok. Can you provide a minimal example (e.g. one that prints the URL to
the transcript) so that we can try to reproduce the problem.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch